Saturday, November 12, 2016

SANTANDER BANK TRAVESTY


The transfer of money 'bank to bank' overseas.

 

In wanting to transfer a sum of money to my daughter in Australia from my Santander bank account, for her birthday, on contacting the bank I was informed charges would be as follows:

 

  1. £25 standard Santander bank fee for transferring money overseas.
  2. 20 Australian dollars for the recipient Australian banks fee.
  3. Unspecified charges for some unknown 'middle bank'.

 

But, Santander does not know which 'MIDDLE BANK' that is; nor do they know what fee will be charged. Or, if they knew, they would not tell me.

 

Thus, the consumer has no idea what is the total fee he must pay, and, be deducted from his account, at the time he gives the bank instruction, to transfer the money. He can only verify this, AFTER HE HAS TRANSFERRED THE MONEY.

 

This seems to me to be wholly wrong and unlawful.

 

This "MIDDLE BANK" arrangement as described to me here surely cannot be lawful?
 
In effect it is stealing money without consent. I was quite prepared to accept charges A and B; but, (C), is a sheer tyranny worthy of contempt. I was obliged to find an alternative way to transfer the money. And, I eventually used PAYPAL.

 

I registered the complaint with Santander, but they said, "It was the common banking procedure that all banks use".

 

Therefore, this text as above, is the complaint I have now registered with my Member of Parliament.

 Gordon J Sheppard

 

 

 

No comments: